GEOMET® High Performance Coatings
High performance, corrosion resistant coatings for metal finishing that offer efficiency and respect of the environment.
- Thin Film
Dixie Industrial Finishing now offers the GEOMET® family of proprietary water-based products containing metal oxides, metallic zinc and aluminum flakes. The zinc and aluminum flakes align in multiple layers forming a metallic silver film. Applied as a liquid, the coating is totally inorganic after thermal curing.
Silicate sealers, black and colored topcoats, are applied over GEOMET® basecoats to extend corrosion protection. The result is a high performance, chromium-free, cost effective finish.
These coatings are the standard for industries requiring high performance thin layer anticorrosion systems that are completely chrome-free. They are capable of protecting a wide variety of metallic surfaces and are well suited for both large and small parts having either simple or complex geometry.
In particular, GEOMET® coatings are a worldwide standard for use on fasteners and are commonly specified in the automotive, heavy truck, marine, agricultural, construction equipment, wind energy and aerospace industries.
- Chromium Free - NO HEXAVALENT or TRIVALENT in the liquid or on parts.
- Complies With - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), EU Directive on End of Life Vehicles (ELV) and EU Directive for Electrical Equipment (RoHS) regulations
- No Toxic Metal - Free of nickel, cadmium, lead, barium and mercury
- Water Base - Free from dangerous solvents
- VOC Compliant - Under EPA RACT requirements
COATING APPLICATION METHOD
Dip-Spin - Small parts are coated using the dip-spin application method. Parts are loaded into a perforated metal basket and immersed into the GEOMET® coating. The basket lifts and excess coating is spun-off the parts. Following coating, the parts are conveyed into a convection oven for curing.
HIGH CORROSION RESISTANCE*
Salt Spray Test (ISO 9227/ASTM B117)
>1000 hours without red rust
>24 g/m2 + topcoat
>1500 hours without red rust
*Results may vary depending on substrate, geometry of parts, and type of application process.